How to Chase Squirrels away?

A while ago I posted about my leaking right front air shock. It turns out that a squirrel had eaten into the air line going to the shock. The tech who came out to tighten the wheel nuts was the one who found the problem and he was from Miami and said that very often down there rats eat through the air hoses. We agreed this was a squirrel because there are lots of those but I have never seen a rat in my neighborhood. It seems they also left a bunch of teeth marks in the white goo or glue down around the air hoses. Perhaps that attracts them? I have never heard of any other cars having this problem, so am wondering if it is a thing that Lexus has put into some glue or grease. I will be leaving the car in the garage for a while when I go on a trip again soon, so am wondering how to keep squirrels and other little critters away from the car. Any ideas? It is a 2006 430 Ultra.

Reply to
mcbrue

Seal any openings into the structure Remove food (including pet food and bird seed) and garbage from the garage and vehicle Hire a professional exterminator

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
W. Wells

Reply to
Charlie

(while at the Univ Colorado we had to install fencing around instrument stations along Niwot Ridge to keep marmots away from our cables. the problem is not unique to Lexus.)

Reply to
ACAR