how to get cover off ranger steeringwheel

How can I remove the steering wheel center cover on a 1996 Ford Ranger to get to the Broken cruise control mount, and is there a handy-man fix or will I need to buy a new board? An Aside, has anyone discovered a way to replace dash lights without dissassembling the whole darn dash? Dale

Reply to
Shadetree

Got the same problem, if I get ambitious enough and manage to figure it out I'll let you know. John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns

96 huh...so it has an Airbag yes?

I can look at the Chilton's diagram from home and maybe tell you. my '99 isn't CC equipped though, so I can't help you much beyond there. you may be able to jimmy-rig (ahem, glue or solder) the mount back together, who knows.

dash lights is on my short list of projects, had a top one that was on the fritz for a while now. soon as I get a chance I'll let you know (but if I recall from the diagram it's only like 3 screws). should have time this weekend to investigate.

later bri

Reply to
bri719