LS430 Removal of Lexus Link

I received a notice from Lexus saying that they will remove the buttons for my Lexus Link ("services" and "emergency") and install a sunglass holder in its place. My impression is that Lexes Link will no longer be offered due to technology changes. Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on.

Reply to
Patrick Rea
  1. The current analog link system is being replaced with a digital link system.

  1. The digital system will be installed next year on any new Lexus purchased.

  2. Support for the analog system will continue "for a couple of years". After that, it'll stop working.

It sure would have been nice of them to tell me that before I purchased my '03 Lexus.

Reply to
Helmar Herman

Lexus uses GM's OnStar service, right? If yes, you should be able to change your subscription to OnStar directly.

Reply to
GRL

I don't know if Lexus uses GM's OnStar service.

I believe that they licensed the technology from GM, but I was under the impression that they had their own service.

HBH

Reply to
Helmar Herman

Could be that they pay GM to support the Lexus flavor. It that case it MIGHT be possible to switch to direct GM OnStar when Lexus quits using the analog flavor. I don't think that GM will do that (quit support) as they have a huge installed base and the publicity would be really ugly.

Reply to
GRL