Latest JD Powers Makes Lexus King Again

Anyone noticed the latest JD Powers news? This survey of long term durability, more than the "initial quality" survey, is the most important. Most people will deal with a few bugs from production that are fixed under warranty. But how the car will fare years after it's built is the real sign of quality. It was amazing how poorly Mercedes and Audi did. And, frankly, how well General Motors did. But Lexus was still king with Toyota, overall, just behind. I have had MANY Mercedes and Audi's as well as all the American brands. Just last year I realized that of all the cars I had, my 1990 LS400 was the absolute best followed up by my 1987 Honda Prelude. After coming to that realization, I bot my 2002 ES300 and have been happy since. Why hassle with the others?

Reply to
B.D. Newman

Yep. I agree. While I have posted before on my MB nightmares, they are over. S600 with 56K and $8K in repairs over 1 year is gone and my LS 430 arrives next week. My cars for the last few years: honda Accord 1988, 4 Runner 1990, T-100 1994, Land Cruiser1995 (wrecked, otherwise would still have it), 1995 S-600, 2002 Sequoia, and soon

2003 LS 430. The only car that has ever given any trouble is the MB. The T-100 has had a broken clutch bracket, all others just routine maintenance. The MB: From 45-56K miles has had O2 sensors go out, leaking cylinder head, malfunctioning wiper motors, malfunctioned skid control computer, fiber optic fuel flow connections go out, and transmission work. Couldn't really enjoy the superior drive and room so downsized but upqualitied.
Reply to
wayne

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Yeah, I guess I do get the itch every 3 or 4 years but I d> >

Reply to
wayne

I still have a 2001 benz. Beautiful car, but what an electronic nightmare. I should have known. After all, when was the last time I bought a German stereo, VCR, DVD player, etc.?

Lexus GX470 ...... you're mine next!

This is when all the jealous Euro car owners try to put Lexus down by calling it "just a Toyota".

What used to be qualifty cars in Benz is now less reliable than its Chrysler component.

While MB owners complain about MB not making cars like they used to, at least Lexus keeps making them better than they used to..............

Man I should have bought a Lexus!

Reply to
H8That

Yeah, but I don't "get" the GX470. What idiot designed those 3rd row seats? You have to be a contorsion artist to operate them.

Reply to
B.D. Newman