Lexus LS-400 / LS-430 Problems & Failures

Regarding the problem with air suspension, is this a problem with LS430s as well as LS400s ? I'm not familiar with the problem, and since I've decided to look into buying a 2004 LS430, I want to familiarize myself with known problems with that car.

Is the suspension adjustable by a switch or knob on the dash or console on the 04 ? If so, I want to know where to look so that I'll know immediately if the car is so-equipped.

Thanks

Reply to
njbok

There is a ride height switch in vehicles with the air suspension.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray. I'll watch for that switch (I assume it's on the center console ?) walt

Reply to
njbok

In my '01 LS, the switch is near the bottom of the "stack" in the center of the dashboard that comes down to meet the console with the shifter. There is a horizontal row of buttons - one to select sport or normal ride, one for suspension height, one for the headlight washer, and one or two more that I can't recall offhand - I think they are for the rear sunshade and to return the rear seat to the upright position.

If you look in the rear wheel well, you will see a rubber bladder inside the coil spring.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a 1992 LS 400 which I bought in '94. It has 125k miles on it now and has been the best car I ever owned wrt comfort, driveability and reliability. I have had minimal problems with it. The problems were with the a-c that needed a complete overhaul at about 70k miles, a overheating problem caused by debris between the a-c condenser coils and the radiator coils, and a TRAC lite problem. Other than that the car has been really good. If and when I need another car it will definitely be a Lexus 400 class.

Reply to
elmarsa dice