Most popular interior color for sedan? Black, Gray, Beige?

Hello,

Does anyone have any comments on the most popular interior color for a Lexus sedan? I am planning on buying an ES330, but can not decide on interior color. Leaning towards black leather, with silver exterior?

Thanks,

-L

Reply to
Luds

msbom

Ignoring his agents wishes,"msbom" flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

We have a red ES300 with an ivory interior. I'm not sure where they got the idea it was ivory since I pictured ivory more of a beige or off-white color. However it's more of a light tan color. No big deal, I think the tan color is actually better. The lighter the color, the more it will show dirt/wear. Tan is a good neutral color.

Speaking of colors, I can't seem to find what Lexus's full color name is for their ES300 red for the year 2000. Is it just "red"? Most manufacturers call their colors "sunrise red", or "baboon butt" red or

*something*, but Lexus just seems to refer to it as just "red".

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

wife

Reply to
msbom

Ignoring his agents wishes,"msbom" flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

what the HELL are you bitching about?

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

I've had all 3 color interiors and here is my take on it.

Black. Looks great for a couple years but then starts to show use and wear. I good way to tell is to find a few older lexus models on the lot and check out the interior. Black also gets very hot when parked outside in warm and hot weather.

Beige (Ivory) holds up better than Black and usually stays good looking for some time.

Gray. Looks better than Beige. Holds up better than either beige or black. My pick for an interior. However it still depends on the exterior color. In some cases the Beige might just look better with certain exterior colors.

Reply to
DonB

Thanks for the feedback! I think your quote or whatever it is was mistaken as something negative. In any case, I also have been considering the gray instead of the black.

-L

Reply to
Luds

You know what they say, once you go black you dont go back.. My es330 is all black. Inside and out. I do like the silver that my 4 runner is, it stays cleaner longer. So the best combo would probably be what you want. Black inside, silver outside.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Black cars look better in the shade.

Gino Vanelli

Reply to
Dan Patch

White cars look better in the winter, especially after the DOT has salt plastered all over the place. For that reason I lean toward a tan or beige interior. My Avalon XL had one and it looked cherry. See no reason it wouldn't work just as well on an ES300 - we see lots of 'em up here in New England. Add a gold package and you have one sweet lookin' ride.

-psmith

Reply to
Phil Smith