ES300 Wind Noise??

My 96 ES300 has minor wind noise from both front windows. I think it is a result of the piller-less door design, but don't know how to fix it. The moldings look good, and the doors line up OK. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
TANKIE

Ignoring his agents wishes, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TANKIE) flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

Weather stripping can look good but may not necessarily be making a tight seal. What I've done in the past is have one person sit in the car with the windows rolled up and engine off. Another person stand outside with a blow dryer. Put the blow dryer on high (cold air!) and from about 1" away from the door seals, slowly move it across the seals of the door. The person from the inside should hear a louder pitch/sound as the blow dryer moves across any areas where the seal isn't tight. In extreme cases, you can even feel the air movement from the inside. A piece of light tissue paper works well to hold it up against door seal from the inside. If there's any air getting through, you'll see the tissue move.

Cheap and fast way to see if you've got a leak. Smearing baby power and whatnot is much messier.

cheers

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers