NAV System around Washington, DC

Does anyone else's NAV System screw up around DC? On 95 North heading for Philadelphia, it wants to take me into DC on I-395 and, when I ignore it and stay on I-495 heading for Baltimore,it keeps searching and apparently wants me to go up to 60 miles out of my way using the Bay Bridge? It doesn't fix itself until I'm north of I-695 north of Baltimore. Just curious. Thanks.

Reply to
edzacks

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:47:30 GMT, edzacks graced this newsgroup with:

what car? What version is the DVD? Is the DVD current? I have an 02 LS430 and the Nav works fine (I live in N. Va. and commute to DC every day).

Reply to
kegler

Reply to
edzacks

Your NAV knows about the Bay Bridge! You ar lucky.

The ways of the NAV are indeed strange from time to time.

Heading north from the Carolina coast to NJ, at a point even 5 m from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel, my NAV wanted to take me to Dover DE by way of I 95. I had to put a mark in the river to convince it that I did not want a 100m(?) detour. Then it did find rte 13 & CB&T, named it, even though putting those exact words as destination had not shaken its resolve to use I

95 and come down through Delaware from the north.

My version is 2004 in a 2005 LS430.

Reply to
Emmerson Bowes

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 05:40:12 GMT, "Emmerson Bowes" graced this newsgroup with:

did either of you go into options and select the default preferred routes? The default on my system was to avoid toll roads and major through fares. Once I set it so that the preferred route was major through fares, tolls and the shortest distance to destination, my Nav always picked up on the beltway, toll roads and pay bridges in the metro dc area.

Reply to
kegler

Reply to
edzacks

I had my preferred routes set as edzacks has them to no avail.

Another strange behaviour was not being able to access an address in Madisson CT. Once I substituted the I 95 exit number it then listed the town there as Madisson.

Not being able to simply set the town is a definite demerit for the NAV system.

Still it has yet to suggest entering an expressway by crossing a small field and climbing the embankment on to it near King of Prussia, PA as Microsoft's Streets and Trips once suggested to me.

Reply to
Emmerson Bowes

My NAV system on my 2006 LEXUS RX330 screws up most everywhere! We just returned from a 6500 mile trip to California, and were dismayed with the poor performance of the NAV system vis-a-vis my Honda Accord's system and the garmin 2610 system.

Poor routing was commonplace, and inability to find locations in towns such as LOMPOC and SANTA YNEZ CA baffled me. My Garmins for years have had these addresses without problems!!!

Intend to pursue this with LEXUS, including either a software/DVD fix, or a refund for the price of the NAV system!!!!!

JJS

Reply to
Corky

Forget wasting your time with Lexus.I went that route and got nowhere. I even had proof they had lied about my ES330 2005 having Bluetooth on their website.It's like beating your head against a wall.My next Vehicle will not be a Lexus and I will use an after market Gps . I had a Garmin before and no problem, at less cost.

Reply to
burt