Ideal on a LS-400 series

This is Turtle.

Out of the newer models of Lexus cars in the LS-4** series in the 2000-2001-2002 years models with them pretty well load with all the goodey on it. What kind of money do they want for them in these years ? I'm kind a looking around but was getting a ideal of what kind of ball park I would be playing in on getting a newer one in these years. It can be classed as $10K -- $20K --- $30K -- Out of my ideal. Ball park price is what I looking for.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE
2001 ls 430 - base would probably be around mid 40s here in CT at least.

check out Edmunds.com

Reply to
Kleviy

This is Turtle.

This explains why i don't see many of them at the Insurance Auto Auction here is Louisiana. They must be fixing them up and sending them to Ct. That Mid $40k price will make a fellow rebuild or repair for cost alone. In 1993 I picked up a

1990 LS-400 fully loaded Lexus at the auto auction for $10.5K nothing wrong with it and loan valve at $28K and blue book of $34K. I haven't look at prices in years and just had no ideal of what they would cost now days. i haven't seen them at the Auction in years to even get a ideal of cost.

Thanks

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Ever hear of Edmunds? Or Kelly Blue Book Or Autotrader? Or CarsDirect? Or even eBay? There are so many web sites that either give prices for used cars are have people selling used cars that it is utterly pointless to ask such a question in a news group. The answer is at your very fingertips.

Reply to
GRL

You got EXTREMELY lucky. Don't count on a repeat. Better yet, count on not repeating that buy.

Reply to
GRL

"GRL" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

This is Turtle.

What edmonds , Kelley , or Car trader prices for them only tells you what you should try to get for them but what they go for is a different story. A ideal here a 2001 Lexus LS-430 retail sells for $32k , Trade in $28K , Private party sells $26k. On E-Bay they are going for $18k to $23K. I was tring to find a part of the country that the price of the Lexus was down and people did not go for them. I thought someone would be up on the going prices of these models in the real world and not in the Cartraders.com world. i see now that my area of the country here in Louisiana must be the lowest area to buy one for At the Lexus dealer here in the area has them going for in the $16 to $19K. These car pricers give what you should want to get but I was asking about what they were going for and not what some fellow at a desk in New York city telling everybody what they should be going for. I have bought a good number of cars in my life second hand but never paid what these car prices are stating what they should be sold for. I'm driving a 1990 LS-400 fully loaded and paid $10.5K for it second hand with the NADA books said it should it should be sold at $32.5K. The Car came from the New Orlean Internation Airport for VIP Staff to drive. They don't trade in cars but get big discounts and don't trade in and just send the cars to the Insurance sales places. There is still life after the car pricing people price it. I was speaking to the real world people who deal in these cars as to the price they were really getting for these models. In my life i have never bought a car or truck from a Retail Car Dealer, for they get retail for them.

I forgot to tell you this. a good friend is in the After market Wholesaling of cars and trucks. If the insurance company buies your car for theif or damage. It is sold to the Wholesale dealers outlets at a fraction of what the book price shows. I will give you a thought here to think about. Where do you think all these cars and trucks are coming to E-bay and Cartrader.com from. These Rebuilders are rebuilding these cars and selling them at -Bay and others for a UnGodly price compared to what they paid for them. I have him looking for a Lexus for me but the dealers are buying them too fast and at too much as to what i want to get one for. He has told me it will cost me about $15K to get a 2001 LS-430 if he can find one at the sales but the insurance company are selling the high dollar cars to private rebuilders and not letting them go to the sales. If i wanted a American car like a Ford or Chevy , i would not even be talking here at all for i would buy any chevy or ford for about 1/3 the price what the Kelley or Cartrader.com is suppose to be getting for them. I would say about 1/3 of the cars are coming from these Rebuilders for sale on the E-Bay and others. There is a Rebuilder right now on E-Bay that has a 2003 LS-430 NAV system White and loaded for sale for $19K and he is just too lazy to rebuild it before sold it on E-Bay. If he was not lazy he could rebuild it and get $30K for it. My friend looked at it and there is about $2,600.00 worth of parts to fix it and about 1 full day of work on it [ $800.00 ] . The only reason i don't take him up on it is for he got it from the sales for about $12K and wants $19K. He must be reading that Kelley blue Book to ask that much for it. I sent him a e-mail and told him to fix it and I would talk to him about $19K. i have not got a reply.

Here is the Southern states nothing sells for what the cars will go for in the Northern States. It must be a North / South thing.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

There is no luck involved here. Just buy from the insurance dealers sales. Now the price of car have went up and on a $32K car i may have to pay maybe $12K to $15K now but will just have to take my time to look around first. If I get lazy i may have to try to find a deal on a Lexus at E-Bay for a little more than I want to pay for them. A friend of mine rebuilds cars and trucks and sells to a fellow who sells them on E-Bay and Car Trader.com. My friend buys them at the insurance sales and fixes them up and sells them to the other fellow who marks them up a good amount and sells them for good money. He only will rebuild cars and trucks that are good on engine and power parts but just body damage. He can fix them where you can't tell if it has been worked on or not. This fellow wants nothing but 2002 or newer to sell there. He has people standing in line for different cars and trucks they want. He has a list of people right now of about

38 people that want a model and years of a car or truck they want. I'm one of them with a 2001 or 02 Lexus LS-430 or newer and don't want to pay more than $20K. He has a cell phone when he goes to the sale and will call me or the others if he sees a model like we want and they give him the go ahead to buy it and rebuild it. He sends a picture of it over the cell phone to look at and you say yes or no right then. There is a sell this Tuesday with a 2002 LS-430 NAV 26K miles and loaded to be auction off and if he can rebuild it and all for less than $20K he will pick it up. When he gets home with the car. You pay him for the price of the car right then and also He want's $2K for labor + parts. He tries to rebuild 1 to 2 a week and makes good money doing so. He is thinking the car will go for $15K and cost about $18K totally with what little body damage it has. It has two bullet holes in the backglass , 1 in the truck hood, two tires busted & flate on the right side, and one hole in the front glass, and blood on the floor and seat of the drivers area. It was a theif recovery from State Farm ins. company out of Houston ,Texas and has no major damage and also will keep the green or what the public calls a clean title.

There is no luck at all if you just watch where your buying them from.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

You can get regional pricing from any of the sites. Just put the zip in for the area of interest at the prompt.

Wholesaling of

Reply to
GRL

This is Turtle

Hey I did that and Louisiana Zip Code brought the price down a good bit on the Lexus and way up on the Chevy Trucks.

Thank you there.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE