Re: ding removal

I had one of the franchise outfits (I think it was Dent Wizard) fix my car

>after a bad hailstorm in the southeast a few years ago. They smoothed out >about 20 dings and the results were absolutely perfect. It sure beat having >the car sanded and painted. >

OK, after reading this whole thread, and hearing everyone was satisfied with the results, this leaves me wondering how they do it? Does anyone know what process is used to do this?

Reply to
me

Travis Jordan

they have some type of blunt tool that they use to basically massage the dent out. Pretty amazing that they can get it back to perfect on the outside. I wasn't a believer until I had it done. Someone I worked with swore by it, had his done due to the same hailstorm. His turned out perfect also. You literally can not tell anything ever happened to the car.

Reply to
Steve Larson

It was done to my blue LS400 a couple years ago, for a hail storm. The main drawback is that the paint has developed small cracks that radiate out from the center of the dent. Probably not a problem on a light colored car, but a dark car shows the wax like a spider web in the paint.