Re: Lexus service survey follies

Judging only by what the Lexus dealers charge, their service should be A-1. Frankly, for routine maintinance, I'm more impressed when the charge is reasonable. I can do without the coffee and cookies, valets, etc. What I want is a competent job at a decent price. Al

Recently, I received an online survey from Lexus about my dealership's > service quality. I took the time to fill out the survey, and noted some > areas that may require improvement by the dealer's service department. > > The bottom line was that I did not give a "satisfactory" opinion about the > dealership. > > A few weeks later, I got a call from the dealership's service manager (not > sure what his rank was...probably mid-level). He kept trying to get in > touch with me and left several voicemails. One of which he stated that he > wanted me to call his bosses and to tell his boss that my survey was not a > bad reflection on him. And he claimed that my survey has caused him to > look very bad in front of his bosses, and that it will affect his pay > raises! > > As shocking as it was...I made the mistake of thinking he as my service > adviser. Since I like my service adviser, I tried to call the head of the > service department to straighten things out. What's more shocking.the head > service manager did not want to answer my call, he told the receptionist > to tell me to call back whomever called me in the first place...in other > words.I got the run around. > > That made me very pissed.I wrote to Lexus to complaint about this whole > process. I didn't get much more than an apology. > > As it turned out the guy who called wasn't even my service adviser.he was > the service adviser's boss. The layer of managers at the dealership was > too complex for me to understand. This is what I gathered so far.it seems > that the survey plays a very big part in the employee's job security, > promotion and salary increases. Any unsatisfactory remarks or ratings on > the surveys can get employees into trouble. > > I was not aware of this fact until this matter came up. And I was also > very disappointed at Lexus's survey process. I think it is very unethical > for them to share my name with the dealership. I have always thought > survey was an anonymous way to note complaints and for them to improve. I > never thought that my name and comments were shown to every who work at > the dealership. > > If the dealership always want to get satisfactory responses.then I am not > sure why there need to be a survey at all. They all should just give > themselves A+ and hug each other for comfort. > > I don't know if this problem is isolated to the particular dealership I > was using for servicing. Next time you guys get a survey from Lexus.you > should think about this. > > Btw, the dealership is found in the northern part of the Dallas, TX area. > > > >
Reply to
Al

Now own our third Lexus and it is a BIG disapointment. It would take me a couple of full size pages to list all the things that I expect that are just not there. Sure ... it runs. But the engineering and "goodies" in it are for show, not go. And the quality surveys have now become part of the problem, not part of the solution. Unless it is a good survey, do not take it. Do not survey new buyers whom you do not expect to give an excellent rating to the company, its products, and its stealerships. Sad to see that happening to a pretty good company. Oh well ... it is a car company! I think the DD Rule for surveys is a good one!

Reply to
mcbrue