Lexus listens

Everyone:

I just wanted everyone to know that Lexus does listen.

I had a beef with Lexus over a statement made on the following web page:

Previously, the reference to a loaner car said "Complimentary, of course, for any warrantable repair". Well, I had a terrible rattle in the dash of my 2005 ES330 and when I made arrangements for a service appointment and asked for a loaner car, (I live over an hour away from the nearest Lexus dealer) my request was denied. What I found out was that the free loaner car is only available if the dealer determines that the time required to fix the problem will exceed 8 hour time. Although the dealer informed be that it would not take 8 hours to fix my car they could not provide me with a precise timeframe until they got into the repair. The dealer did offer to call Enterprise Car Rental on my behalf and arrange for a rental but I opted to wait for my car and catch up on some reading instead of having to incur the rental car fee. After sitting in the Customer Lounge for 7 hours, however, I wish I had opted for the rental instead but that was a choice I made and wasn't the dealer's fault.

After settling down a bit (I was pretty steamed) I wrote a letter to the President of Lexus Motors USA outlining where I felt their web site was misleading and suggested that they needed to modify the wording on their web page. Quite honestly, I didn't really expect to hear back from anyone but to my surprise I receive a phone call from someone in the executive office of Lexus who acknowledge my letter, told me that management had reviewed my complaint and agreed with me that their web site was, in fact, misleading. The representative that called also infomed me that this was an unfortunate situation when good marketing comcepts runs into reality. The rep went on to say that I could be assured that their web developers were busy modifying the web page as we were speaking and that bcause of my inconvience, they were going to comp me for my 10,000 major scheduled servicing of my car. Although I was satisfied just over the fact that a major corporation was listening to a customer, I did appreciate them comping me on my next regularly scheduled major maintenance.

Today, two days after the call, I checked and sure enough the statement on the web site now says "complimentary, of course, for any warrantable repair exceeding 8 hours". Evidently, Lexus does listen to their customers.

P.S. They did get the rattle out too!

Reply to
W C Hull

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:41:28 GMT, "W C Hull" graced this newsgroup with:

wow. You'd of never received that type of response from Chrysler.

"..but this part failed 1,000 miles after the warranty, and by what you just told me, it's hardly *ever* fails for the life of the car."

"well SIR, did you buy the extended warranty?"

"...no but.."

"I bet you will next time won't you?"

*click!*

"hello? hello? WTF???"

Reply to
kegler

My Lexus dealer offers me a loaner when I am in for routine sevice and oil changes . I usually wait and with a wash and all it is a little over two hours . Still it is a nice gesture to offer a loaner and not having to ask for one .

Reply to
Ice

I wish they would listen to the hundreds of us ES owners who have complained about their crappy transmission.

Reply to
Mack

Reply to
New Owner

The closest Lexus dealer (35 miles away) from me will even bring a loaner over on a flatbed and swap you for the day on scheduled maintenance BUT only if you buy the car from them. In my case I saved $4000 by buying the car at a dealer 175 miles away so it's too bad, so sad, bring the car over and wait.

Reply to
W C Hull

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 03:13:48 GMT, wdg@[206.180.145.133] (New Owner) graced this newsgroup with:

not even close. The $ estimate has nothing to do with how long it will take to repair your vehicle. Believe me, with a wife that attracts other cars like a magnet and a teenage daughter, I know MORE than I *ever* want to know about auto body repair. Couple that with two years in formal auto body repair training, I can honestly tell you that you can have $500 in damage and it can take twice as long as $3,000 in damage. It just depends on what is damaged, how available the parts are, and most importantly how busy the shop is.

Reply to
kegler

I believe that the loaner car policy of Lexus Corp. often differs from that of the dealer. Many dealers want your business and will go the extra mile to get it. After my VW Touareg debacle (vehicle filled with bugs, mediocre dealer support [Auburn, WA], non-existent support from VW of America), the service policy was a major factor in my decision to move to Lexus. During negotiations on my 2006 GX, the sales staff informed me of the policy that Lexus of Tacoma has. You do not have to call for an appointment - ever! Just drop by, explain what you want and, if they can't get the vehicle back to you within an hour then they give you a loaner. What? No appointment that's two-week in the future - not for anything? That sealed the deal for me.

Also, the salesman who sold me the vehicle said that I should expect to hear from him once a month. If I have no issues, then it will be a quick "how do you do" and that's that. If I have issues of any kind, then he wants to know about it so that he can pursue a solution. So far, this has held true. Then again, I've had no issues except a speaker rattle that was propmtly fixed. I also had a little spot on the passenger seat back that was identified by the salesman during the delivery walk-thru. He said that they would make it right - if they couldn't clean it so it looked new, they would replace the leather. They made it right. Also, Lexus of Tacoma will wash your car any time you wish during regular shop hours - just stop by the dealership, have some coffee and cookies, and they'll wash and vacuum your car for free. What great service!

So, I am not surprised by the experience you received from Lexus. I believe the company is committed to their customers satisfaction from throughout the entire hierarchy - from sales to service to corporate. I hope that you all (and I) continue to have a good experience!

Reply to
Tod Reinheimer

Tod,

To some extent, the loaner car policy is up to the dealer but when it comes to the 8 hour limit that's when the Lexus Corporate polcy kicks in. Sometimes, I found out, the local dealer doesn't want to abide by the rules as the closest dealer to me first told me no loaner period and then had to back off when reminded of the 8 hour limitaion by Lexus Corporate.

Another thing that kind of ticked me off was the fact that the salesperson at both dealerships sang songs of praise over the free loaner program but neither one said anything about conditions.

Reply to
W C Hull