Re: One reason not to buy a future Toyota

Spoken like a true Wisconsin cheezer ... eager to give up privacy for "security." You will have neither.

Reply to
Philip®

That doesn't fly in California. Speed surveys must be done on a regular basis, and the speed limit must be adjusted to the 80th percentile, +/- 5mph. There can be no "heavy enforcement" or high officer viz during the survey.

Now... the trick that they CAN pull is perform "heavy enforcement" for a couple of weeks prior to the survey. :)

If the survey has not been done, or if the survey indicates a "proper" speed more than 5mph above the posted limit, then all speeding tickets (no matter the speed of the violation) on that section of roadway must be thrown out in court.

The only areas where this would not apply would be on divided highways, which are by default 65 unless posted lower, or freeways where the state limit of 70 is applied unless posted lower.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

YEah, right. HOW often do tickets get thrown out, on a percentage basis?

Reply to
SHARX..

If it will haul my 'yak'....I'm IN!!

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

SOLD! Better than having "Big Brother" lookin over my shoulder. I wonder what our fallen service men/women would think of this sort of proposed opression and invasion of privacy? Let the "liberal flames begin"!!!

Reply to
Scott

Laws are made by being enforced a little at a time, in our state the seats belts were at first not mandatory, then a warning ticket, then only a secondary offense, then an offense but with a 25 dollar cap, now it is up to a 100.00 fine. This is how the government gets things passed. In other words the camel gets it's nose under the tent and soon you have a whole camel in the tent.

Roeland Marco Drupsteen wrote:

Reply to
ZZonka Tonka

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Florida > old diesel powered Datsun pickup. The only electronics is the

Hey.... 7 foot bed, cab height camper shell, and a couple of dents so it looks ... native! ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

What's more, it's an Environmentally Unfriendly diesel!

"Arrrrrh ... I love the smell of diesel (napalm) in the mornin'!"

Reply to
Philip®

Well known as "incrementalism."

Reply to
Philip®

Sounds like income tax laws, too.

Reply to
SHARX..

I called it the "breaking in a virgin" technique. Inch by inch.....

Reply to
SHARX..

Reply to
SHARX..

Due to the above? Rarely, because the speed surveys ARE done and the limits are set to reasonable levels.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

I don't like the smell of diesel especially in the morning, I reminds me of my old army days when the trucks were warming up.

"Philip®" wrote:

Reply to
ZZonka Tonka

I am positive you had devices in your commercial trucks that essentially did the same thing. Transport companies were documented in technology magazines about their use of black boxes and GPS to track each vehicle. BMW stores the information in the computer systems, so you can't lie the technician when he asked if you if you abused the engine.

Reply to
ma_twain

I did have Qualcom communications and Cummins own tattle devices. I've outlined these earlier. I have also outlined some of the data kept in BMW cars (neighbor is a 15+ year Beemer dealer line mechanic). Did you miss those posts?

Reply to
Philip®

Only way to be sure, build a kit-car (replicar) and don't put in the spy-ware.

Cobra Builder and Saab owner - now considering a Lexus IS300.

Reply to
Pete Bennett

This all sounds too much like "The Fifth Element" anyway. Don't speed, don't get a fine, don't want to keep your speed down, go on a race track, don't put other people's lives at risk by speeding in the first place and then crying "foul" and "invasion of privacy" when someone catches you. Know what the World Health Organisation focussed upon for their annual health week just last week? One of the biggest epidemics in the world.

Cancer ????

No.

AIDS ????

No.

Heart disease ????

No.

Road deaths.

Are the people crying foul over this so important that they have to be able to break the speed limits with impunity while putting other people's lives at risk?

Pete

Reply to
Pete Bennett