Windsheild washer spray adjustment

I drove my daughters '97 Taurus G the other day and noticed the windshield washer spray was just trickling out. A check under the hood revealed a rotted hose from the hood fittings to the washer tank. I replaced this with the appropriate dealer part and tried it out.

It now sprays washer fluid directly on the windshield - of the car behind hers. :-)

Is there any way to adjust the angle of the sprayers or the force with which it sprays?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

LOL.

Hose too big? Maybe crimp it with a hose clamp?

-Ariel

Reply to
Ariel

Don't know for sure but, if it is a plastic nozzle, they can sometimes be aimed by inserting a piece of wire like a large straightened paper clip and moving the outlet insert a bit. If it is a metal nozzle, you will have to bend it a little. Some are just plain non-adjustable. When it is properly aimed, it will strike the upper part of the windshield so the air flow will push it down onto the glass. You may have to play with it a bit to get it right. Also, keep in minf that the bad aim may be a result of debris from your old rotted hose stuck in the nozzle. You may try disconnecting the hose and blowing the nozzle out in reverse with compressed air before doing anything else.

Reply to
lugnut

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the info Bill, I will try that this weekend.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Thanks, I'll try that this weekend.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I find the little push pins the best for adjusting. They taper to a point so they go into the ball, and the 'handle' allows you to adjust it precisely. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents after getting help here before.

Norm __________________________________________________

·> > It now sprays washer fluid directly on the windshield - of the car ·behind ·> > hers. :-) ·> ·> LOL. ·> ·> > Is there any way to adjust the angle of the sprayers or the force with ·which ·> > it sprays? ·> ·> Hose too big? Maybe crimp it with a hose clamp? ·> ·> -Ariel ·
Reply to
Father Guido

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I really hate tailgaters... I mean I really, really hate them. Rather than getting mad, I just choose to clean my windshield whenever I think somebody's too close behind me. It always makes me smile to see their wipers come on. Eventually they catch on.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ha! That's the first thing I said to my daughter when the spray hit the car behind us. But then , being a 'dad', I had to encourage responsible behavior.

The push pin method worked. thanks to all those that responded. Jon

Reply to
Zeppo