remove chipping paint off a plastic Lexus bumper

How do I remove chipping paint off a plastic Lexus bumper?
Because my car was in an accident, and the bumper wasn't properly prepped when it was repainted. I just want to remove all the paint so I
can repaint it myself the right way. A few people have told me I need a grinder. Is there any other method to remove the paint that won't easily peel off the plastic? Any help or advice is appreciated!