Removing bumper side moldings on Forester

When I bought my 2006 Forester the dealer applied the bumper side moldings to the front and rear bumper. These are just plastic strips that are stuck on to the surface of the car. To make a long story short, got a dent in the front bumper cover and the body shop replaced the bumper cover and repainted. However, when they put new side moldings on the front bumper, they didn't put them in the same place that the dealership had. The body shop said they can just peel them off and reposition them, and that peeling them off *shouldn't* mar the paint on the bumper. If it does, then they said they would have to repaint the bumper again.

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove that kind of stick-on molding, that is applied using automotive tape? Is it likely to mar the finish?

-yngver

Reply to
yngver

Sometimes it works better to heat up the area with a hairdryer.

I dunno - make the paintshop be completely responsible.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan