RX or BMW X5? Which?

The dealership hasn't been paid up front by any means. Every time an RO is written and submitted, Toyota pays the bill. You just have no idea how a dealership service department works, do you.

Further, they then do have incentive to find other things--because no matter what, they get paid--every time they do work. Whether you pay them or Toyota pays them, it doesn't matter. They are paid AS THEY DO THE WORK.

You had best learn how a dealership does business. It's obvious you're getting fleeced.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Why wouldn't you want to drive a Hyundai? After all, the "free" extends far, far longer than with Toyota.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You dispute the concept of planned obsolesence?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"You've probably noticed that opinion pollsters go out of their way to include as many morons as possible in surveys ... I think it's dangerous to inform morons about what their fellow morons are thinking. It only reinforces their opinions. And the one thing worse than a moron with an opinion is lots of them." -- Scott Adams

In other words: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

And you think no other dealership could do that?

I can do it at my Honda dealership. Frankly, an hour and 45 minutes is WAY overboard for an oil change and some "checks". If they can't do it in half an hour....

Say, what did you say about how it's worth it, because your time is worth something?

Oh, and my Honda dealership will change the oil for....let me see.....$32? Something like that.

$180, eh? Yes sir, an hour and 45 minutes plus $180. You do know the value of things, don't you.

hehehehehe I have to laugh, because my Honda dealer has the same amenities.

Flushed the windshield washer system? Did they also change the blinker fluid?

"All the checks." They mean, while the guy was pouring oil in, he eyeballed to make sure nothing obvious was leaking or ready to break.

Gee, my Honda dealer also washes the car as part of the oil change.

And yes, I can choose to pay for tire rotation as well. Oil change plus tire rotation is $72. Add in wiper blades, we're up to a whopping, let me see here...eleven bucks per, installed.....$94. And that gets the large screen TV, computer booths, juice/cookies just like you got.

What did that other $86 buy you?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Take the Lexus ES and RX as an example, these are modified Toyota Camrys. Across the street Toyota will change oil for $25, but Lexus charges about $100. Some owners just like to kept in the dark as to what they really drive.

Reply to
johngdole