rx400h

I just took delivery of an rx400h. So far so good. One MAJOR nusance is that I cannot change any of the navigation information about my intended destination while the car is motion.

I know that this is by design so that people keep there eyes on the road while driving instead of playing with the navigation.

However, as I rarely drive the car alone, it would be nice if the passenger could update this information while on the road.

Does anyone know of a way to override this "feature?"

Thank you

Reply to
SomeGuy

It's been litigated out. It cannot be changed to to liability issues and I doubt you could find a reputable person or organization that would take the chance to change it. I know I drive an ES330 with NAV and it would be nice if my wife could change are add destinations while we drive. You know everytime that I need to do this I can't seem to catch a red light, otherwise I always catch the red lights :)

msb

SomeGuy wrote:

Reply to
msb

Here is how you enable the Navigation so it works while you are driving:

Dan J.S.

If the car is under warranty and something goes wrong with the Nav after the modification, the warranty is void.

You just take it off before going to the shop. I have done this on my 2003 4 runner and 2005 Sienna. On that same web site they also show you how to play DVDs on your NAV player (if you have the entertainment system)... cool mods!

Reply to
Dan J.S.