Stock IS300 tires

Can anyone tell me what type of tires come with the upgraded tire package on the IS 300? The size should be 215/45/17. I've heard they are Bridgestone Potenza RE040 Summer tires. Can anyone confirm this? The websites do not state the tire type nor does the brochure. Anyone have comments about these tires?

Reply to
Don Luu

Mark Klebanoff

My '03 Sportcross came with the Bridgestones. Stick like glue in the twisties but handling is skittish, noisy, and they're like driving on ice if there's any water on the ground.

Can't wait to replace 'em.

Reply to
Cary Scheck

How are your tires for wear? I've heard the Bridgestones wear out quite fast. Currently, I have a set with about 6000 miles/10 000 Kms. I'm debating whether to sell them (not sure how much I'll get) or to just use them. Anyways, I appreciate your response.

Reply to
Euro838

I got about 15,000 per set on Bridgestones on my '01 IS300 (17s). I agree with the previous post, they were horrible in the rain. I switched to Michelin Pilot Sports, they are a huge improvement.

DaveW

Reply to
DaveW

My '02 manual came with the RE040s on it. I've got 21K on them and they still look pretty good but I drive aggressively only on occasion. The key is to make sure your alignment is correct, mine wasn't as delivered but I caught it early. The 040s stick real well and I have not noticed a problem with wet grip like others have noted. On the down side, they are kinda noisy and they ride somewhat harshly. I'm thinking about replacing them with the Bridgestone RE950s when the time comes.

Reply to
Jeff Bertrand