Turn Signal Sound

No, you're just a flaming asshole and everyone here knows it except you.

Why do all car makers put a sound in the blinker? This question seems to have rendered you mute. Apparently, your motto is "if you can't say something nasty, don't say anything at all.."

Reply to
David Z

You just don't like people who tell you the plain, unvarnished truth.

You enjoy living with your head in the sand.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Hardly. Sound is an inherent part of what makes the damn thing work. It's not a feature, it's a side effect. It can even be eliminated nowadays.

People who have come to depend on a SIDE EFFECT to allow them not to know the state of the controls of their 4000 pound 65mph missile, are dangerous to every other vehicle on the road.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The "unvarnished truth?"

Hardly. Just more bullshit from the flaming asshole.

Reply to
David Z

DavidZ, IMHO, you posed a very valid question. If the flasher noise serves no good purpose, the manufacturers could eliminate the clicking sound, but they don't. I would think they believe (as do I) there's good reason for it. I hope you don't let Mr. Nasty upset you. The best you can do with that type is to ignore him or her. Al

Reply to
Al

Exactly. My question illustrated the fundemental flaw in Nasty's argument. That's why he repeatedly avoided answering it.

He's been doing his nasty routine around here for years. Always claims anything he says is the "Unvarnished truth" and anything he disagrees with is lies and wrong.

"Unvarnished truth," eh? What a hoot! More like unvarnished bullshit. LOL!

Reply to
David Z

Not at all.

I did answer it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

More bullshit from the flaming asshole.

Yeah, 4 days and 4 of your typically nasty messages later. And only after I goaded you into it.

And your response was dumber than dumb.

Reply to
David Z

I suspect that thee reason automakers do not revert to the old style metal casing on the flasher is either cost or reliability, with my vote going towards cost.

In the future I bet we'll see an electronic flasher with an adjustable volume but in the meantime, try putting a plastic container like a yogurt container to act as a drum and amplify the sound a little.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

Don't think too highly of yourself there, zed.

The only "flaming asshole" here is you.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Even more bullshit from the flaming asshole. I'm always right; you're always wrong. Yada, yada, yada.

Some things never change.

Reply to
David Z

in this case, it happens to be true.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Keep going. You're just proving my point.

Reply to
David Z

ebay DEUHCL x001njpgst 8-pin $50.00 realy realy loud

Reply to
papa jim