waring lites

1.we have a 1999 gs 300 lexus that we bought new;

  1. we had it serviced regular but the lexus dealer up to about 100,000 miles;

  2. on the last service bill, i noticed for a each spark plug and to change the spark plugs;

  1. the lexus dealer said we needed new tires and they did not do that type of mundane work and would have to send it out to their tire changer;

  2. we are 200 miles from a lexus service department and we could not stay another nite away from our business;

  1. so we took the lexus to a local tire company to change out the tires;

  2. our local tire company changed the tires but suggested that we get a foreign car repair shop in a near by community to change the brake pads and rotors;

  1. done deal;

  2. now after about 200 miles, the warning lights come on with a steady squeal;

  1. and also, about every 10 seconds, there is a short squall and the squall occurs just after the round thing on the passenger side of brake fluid reservoir shakes;

  2. lexus dealer wants 0 to inspect, but it might take ,000 to replace every thing;

  1. what is wrong that is causing:

a. the warning lights to come on;

b. the warning device to squeal;

c. the round thing that is on the passenger side of the brake fluid resvoior to shack and the squall;

  1. help

art and ann travis benton,ky

800-455-3204 snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net
Reply to
<atravis2

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:35:34 -0500, graced this newsgroup with:

  1. You don't have to take it to a Lexus dealer to get brake work done. Just like you don't need to take it to a Lexus dealer to get ANY work done (unless it's a recall repair or warranty work).
  2. Take it to a reputable shop that you trust near your home. Have them take a look at it and see what their diagnosis is. There's no way I'd pay 0 for someone to inspect my braking system.
  3. Just about any Toyota service department can do the work for you as well as usually significant savings from a Lexus shop. However, brake work is pretty straight forward on any vehicle and any reputable independent brake shop can do the work.
  4. And finally, for *each* spark plug? And to replace them? Jeezus gawd almighty. A REALLY *good* spark plug costs half that much and swapping out plugs certainly don't take an hours worth of labor to do. More like 10 minutes.

Your car is, I assume, out of warranty. Find a good local technician you trust to start doing your work. You'll save TONS of money and won't have to drive 200 miles. Even though it's a Lexus, it's not from another planet. You *can* take it to an independent and get it worked on.

Reply to
nospam

Which warning light is coming on? The check engine light? The brake warning light? The ABS warning light?

Where is the "round thing on the passenger side of the brake fluid reservoir"? When you say it shakes, can you see it shake with the hood open and the engine running? If the hood is open, engine running, car sitting still, does the squeal still happen? Where is the noise coming from? Front of the engine?

Reply to
Ray O