Why my wheels stuck?

I took my rx300 to the shop to have the tires rotated so wheels can be break free from the huds (in case there is a flat tire, etc.) ,went home try to take one wheel off, oh man, no luck ! why is that?

Reply to
maddog234

If you had difficulty removing the lug nuts, either they were over-tightened when they were installed or you are not strong enough apply approximately 75 foot-pounds of torque on the lug nut wrench.

If you had difficulty removing the wheel after the lug nuts are removed, then there is debris built up at the hub-wheel interface or electrolytic corrosion has caused the wheel to stick. This can be prevented by applying cleaning the area of the hub where the wheel mates and applying a thin layer of anti-seize in the area as well as where the wheel touches the brake rotor. If the wheels were recently rotated and you had trouble removing the wheel, then I'd suspect that the wheels were not actually rotated because the corrosion does take some time to build up. To remove the stuck wheel, place a large piece of wood on the back side of the wheel and tire and hit the wood with a maul or re-install the lug nuts so they are finger-tight, then back the lug nuts off two or three turns, and then slowly drive the vehicle, making turns in the direction opposite from the stuck wheel. If the stuck wheel is a front wheel, you can pull up next to a curb and turn the wheel against the curb to knock it free.

Reply to
Ray O