Will there be an LS460 AWD for the REGULAR (non hybrid) car or not?

Previously on here folks said an AWD version of the "regular" LS460 (SWB and LWB) was coming. In yesterday's Wall St Journal, the below answer to a question appeared.

I am on the fence about trading my LS430 for a 460. I REALLY want AWD and will wait if it's coming. WHAT IS THE REAL, HONEST STORY. This answer says NO AWD (except for the $100,000+ vehicle):

Q: I own a 2003 Lexus LS430 which is an absolutely wonderful car. I would like to trade up to the new Lexus LS460 but would want the LS460 to have all-wheel drive to justify the upgrade. I know the new LS600 hybrid has all-wheel drive but the premium for that model is too great. Do you know when or if Lexus plans to add all wheel drive to the LS460?

-- J. Soter, Fairfax Station, Va.

A: Lexus says it has no plans to build an LS460 with all-wheel drive. However, I spent the last week test-driving an LS460 and found that even without all-wheel drive, it outshines its predecessor, the 430. The combination of more power, a smooth-shifting eight-speed transmission and what seemed like a firmer, sportier suspension made it a joy to drive. I think you should at least take a spin in one to see if recent advances make it worth owning even without all-wheel drive.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer