200mm ? they are having a laugh

I noticed today a sticker on an electronic control box on a Fusion: " Scrap if dropped from more than 20cm"

I reckon that a speed hump would be enough to break that.

Interestingly enough the fault I was fixing appeared to be an obscure elecronic fault.

The main beam warning light came on with the ignition, went off when the lights are turned on and stayed off even when main beam is used.

I reckon it is likely to be that it needs a new speedo assembly, although it might be that box I mentioned above.

To fix it, I blanked off the main beam light in the dash and added a blue panel light to the side of the dash powered by a main beam feed.

The MoT regs have changed this year to include a working HB light, so the repair was needed. But what a palaver for a simple sounding job.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

You generally have the suspension in the way though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood