2012 focus tyre choice

Just picked up a used Focus which will need front tyres soon... Any thoughts about which tyres to put on a modestly-driven Mk3 focus (petrol 125) most important feature would be safety (wet grip etc) Mostly urban driving, occasional motorway.

Realize it's an opinion thing... :)

Current tyres are Continental 215x55R16, best to stay with them?

Lee

Reply to
Lee

In message , Lee writes

You don't say what Conti's but I've had the Premium Contact 2 on mine before and really liked them.

Currently I've got a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's fitted and you really do notice the difference in the wet, particularly through large puddles of standing water. Not sure about how long they are going to last. I've not measured them but the fronts look about half worn after 8k miles but it is a front heavy 2.0 diesel that gets quite a bit of welly.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yes, forgot, it has Premium Contact 2 on it at the moment.

After coming from a Mondeo that struggled with front tyre wear 10K would be a luxury! :)

I hadn't looked at the Uniroyals, I'll add them to the list.

Lee

Reply to
Lee