91 Ford Escort track rod end retaining nut - what size?

Hi,

I've just changed a steering rack gater on my 91 escort and I'd now like to replace the track rot end retaining nut with a new nylock nut (replacing the split pin retained one that came off).

The trouble is it's not a standard metric thread (it's much finer) which means I'll need to order one in and I've no idea what size to ask for.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Pete.

Reply to
newsgroups

IIRC it's just metric fine. If you only want one the cheapest place probably is Fords part department

Reply to
Duncanwood

local factors ford will sell you a split pin nut (castellated)

Reply to
dojj