98 Fiesta rear McPherson Struts

My daughter recently had an MOT on her first car, a '98 Ford Fiesta. They failed it because they said there was excessive play in the top bush. She took it to a friends Dad who is a mechanic, and he subsequently took it to another MOT testing station who both said they could find nothing wrong. The second garage even compared the struts against a second younger Fiesta and could see no difference. We went back to the garage and they've agreed to show us the problem tomorrow. Trouble is, I don't know what to expect, when we go back again tomorrow. Both independant garages say you get side to side movement in the struts when there's no weight on the back wheels (i.e. when the back of the car is jacked up).

Can anyone tell me what They should be like when the mechanic show them to me tomorrow?

Thanks

RayB

Reply to
raybbirch