rear struts

Any advice. I have a 1995 Toyota Camry that I have replace the rear struts but the Right rear continues to make noise when traveling over minor bumps in the road. I return it to mechanic who replaced the strut, mounting kit and boot. Is there something special that we are missing?

Reply to
rcjc1980

A common issue is a 15$ bushing on one of the suspension links, on mine the link is mybe 12" long. I think right behind the axle.

Reply to
m Ransley

=============== That would be the stabilizer bar bushings. The end links are more expensive but less likely to cause problems.

Reply to
Daniel

I replaced my front and rear stabilizer bar bushings which eliminated the 'baning' sound from the rear when going over bumps. Not too hard a job. My front and rear struts also make a piston-like gas 'phssh' sound when going over speed bumps. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Reply to
camry-keeper