accounting for lipped discs

Or aMetabo. The low vibration one I've just got is unbelievably pleasant.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

thanks, I will try one.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I regarded it as a dangerous piss-take!

Reply to
Gordon H

In message , Chris Whelan writes

Only last week I used the digital calliper I bought from ALDILiDL several years ago, - for the first time. ;-) It resembles a Vernier gauge, and is Imperial or Metric.

I used it to find a 5mm drill which had the markings scoured off.

Reply to
Gordon H

I find that I am using the digital verniers from Aldi or Lidl almost every day now that my close up eyesight is starting to deteriorate. I bought at least three !

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I had my cataracts (aka lens replacements) done in December and January, that helps a lot.

It hasn't helped me to find my micrometer, but it is only a 0-1" job, not as useful as the vernier.

Reply to
Gordon H

For some reasomn the 5" ones turn up on clearance offers, =A399.95 from = =

tooled up. Probably had 3 hrs running time today & I've not got hands li= ke =

claws :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood