Leak inside Vauxhall Vectra

Okay, on Sunday morning when I got in the car I found that I had about half an inch of water in the front and rear passenger side footwells. Thinking it was the heavy rain/wind we had the previous night and that I may have left one of the windows slightly ajar I just mopped it up and thought nothing of it. Tonight when I got in the car I noticed it is now an inch deep (I go in early so it was dark first thing this morning). I cannot see any obvious leaks but also cannot understand how much water can get in so quickly. Can anybody give me some obvious places to check where water could be getting in please?

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Reply to
VirginMedia

sun roof drains or heater plenum chamber drains are the likely suspects. I would first check the plenum chamber (area at the back of the engine bay that the fresh air for the heater goes through), if it is sloshing about with water then find out where the drains are (there will be two) either a sort of rubber tube that is flat on the end that lets the water out down the bulkhead and gets blocked with leaves or a hole at either side that drains down near the door (again gets blocked with leaves)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Just use a toilet next time.

Reply to