Astra H seatbelt warning light stuck on !!.

Is Mr Cheerful still with us ???.

Yesterday I gave my Astra H design 59-plate a clean before its MOT and moved the rear seats back to upright (estate vsn).

Today I got in it, and immediately got the seat belt warning light and chimes. Tried every belt a few times but it won't cancel.

After I left it at the MOT station, even after locking the car the warning light was still on !!!. WTF is happening ?.

I don't remember splashing any water on a seat belt connector while I was cleaning off the green slimy deposits that seem to collect around the outer door seals. I used warm water with a squirt of washing up liquid and a dash of bleach to remove the mould (car parked facing east so the O/S faces north and seems to accumulate this greenish slime around window seals that the N/S seals, facing south do not).

On monday I hit a pheasant at about 50 mph on a back road. Stupid thing just stood in the middle of the road on a left hand bend when a car was coming the other way, so no chance to avoid or brake. He went right under the car and there was a bump from underneath and he ended up a pioe of feathers in my rear view mirror.

Could he have activated a sensor of some sort ?. I didn't notice the warning light at that point so it must have stayed off. It must be related to moving the rear seats back to upright.

Wierd. I might try disconnecting the battery and giving it 30 minutes to reset.

What else can I try ?.

Reply to
Andrew