astra van t reg

when my engine is cold i get glow plug lights and it starts first time when it has been run i dont get glow lights and it takes ages to start when it deos after 5 min of constant turning over it is very smokey i changed glow plugs,fuel filter,the brain which runs the cooling system,serviced it and still the same. help

Reply to
wull

when my engine is cold i get glow plug lights and it starts first time when it has been run i dont get glow lights and it takes ages to start when it deos after 5 min of constant turning over it is very smokey i changed glow plugs,fuel filter,the brain which runs the cooling system,serviced it and still the same. help

Reply to
wull

What engine is it, and have you checked the valve clearances?

Reply to
M Cuthill

"M Cuthill" wrote in news:4559cc5c$0$21211 $ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

Check the glow plug relay is working when hot?

Reply to
Tunku

Reply to
wull