audi A6 clutch replacement

i recently sufferd a clutch failiure , to my surprise the car was ded in the water , i couldnt even select a gear , then to my surprise i found out that not only do i need a clutch kit , i need a dual mass flywheel and master cylinder too ? i mean talk about pullin ur pants down n gettin butt fkd ? i cruised audi 80's for best part of 10 years with very minor problems , why have audi used this dual mass flywheel in newer models ? its pure scap and audi know it . soon as my cars valeted its getting sold , i was very faithfull to audi in the past because of build quality and all round generally no serious problems , but this has sicked me right off , to the point of actually going on the audi uk website only to find theres no actual feature to sound your probs out to audi directly ? at least dick turpin wore a mask when he robbed you ....

url:

m rae

Its not that you maybe need them, its just that it costs so much in labour to change them that they're done as part of a normal clutch change to save you being trousered for another £400+ labour down the road.

Reply to
Conor

Having paid out a large lump sum it might be best to use the car for a few years to get some value out of the repair.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I'm surprised that you can use a keyboard!

Reply to
Clot

Last time I had an Audi A6 clutch replaced it was £150 for labour, and that included changing the DMF. They're not hard to do.

As for the OP chucking his dummy about his car having a DMF, I'm afraid he's going to end up seriously limiting his choice of newish car if he's going to avoid DMFs. May as well try and avoid catalytic converters and FM radios..

Reply to
Pete M

I said exactly the same to a relative when they decided to sell their '51 plate Freelander after spending about £1500 over 3 months rectifying problems that the previous owner covered up. They managed to recoup their original purchase price (£2500) and I bet the new owner is chuffed that all the faults have been rectified: new clutch master cylinder, replacement turbo hoses and turbo, fuel pump, new stereo, full service, 4 new tyres & finally a fresh new years car tax the month before selling it!

Talk about ways to waste money!!

Reply to
Chris Dugan