Autoglym Life Shine

Does anyone know how easy/hard it is to apply Autoglym Life Shine? I have a brand new car coming in the next month or so and was thinking of treating the car myself, as to get it done by a valeting company or the dealership is extortionate at around £295 inc VAT especially when you hear that they buy the stuff in for around £60 + VAT.

Any advice, tips, hints or pointers to websites etc. will be most welcome.

Dave

Reply to
Dave {ð¿ð}

It's not so easy... You are being charged for the service, not for the product.

I won't give you all the reasons why you shouldn't do it yourself (because I am too lazy), but this web page will give you an idea.

down to the bit that says "Why Sealants should only be applied byprofessional valeters." And if that isn't enough of reasons, last year some guy managed to coat his lungs with sealant while trying to 'do it himself' with another well known brand. He died!

It's worth paying a professional to do it properly, shop around and see if you can get a better deal.

Dan

Reply to
Aspect

Also sprach "Aspect" :-

But make sure they actually do it. A friend paid The Car Shop to do her car before she paid for it. They charged her - but didn't actually carry out the work. Mind you - they turned out to be such a bunch of shysters that it was almost the least of her problems.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote on Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:51:50 GMT:

I realise The Car Shop is unlikely to do her car before she paid for it otherwise, but paying them to do it before she paid for it seems counter productive.

Reply to
David Taylor

Also sprach "David Taylor" :-

Dunno what happend to that sentence! What I mean to say was that she paid 'em to do it but they didn't actually carry out the work.

Reply to
Guy King