Back to Black

Are the sprays that make the black plastic components of any long term benefit?

Is there a non aerosol equivalent?

Reply to
John

No.

Reply to
Conor

Bootpolish?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

If you keep on using it!

Tyre gel works very well, lasts for a couple of weeks with a "wet glossy" look, and quite a bit longer with a black matt look.

Reply to
DervMan

This may sound really odd but over on a US detailing forum, all the guys there are ranting on about the outstanding results they are getting from......

wait for it.....

Peanut Butter.

I have yet to work out if they just mean the oil or something else but at the moment, it seems that Americans are all out smearing SunPat all over the sides of their cars :-)

Reply to
Networkguy

Well, they use earth to polish the paint, so I suppose it's logical enough.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Baby oil. Really.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

He knows... one day, whilst clutching a bottle, and being distracted in other ways, he managed to spill a bit on his gimp suit, and was amazed at the Sealion-esque result.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yeah, would have said exactly the same thing myself.....!

Reply to
TonyF

Have you got a fecking camera in here somewhere??

And FYI it was walrus-esque.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

ROTFL.

Ew... what an image... :'(

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I have actually been over to the forum and asked what the score is.

It is not that the peanut butter (or the peanut oil in it) restores the colour.

The reason is that often, the trim goes grey because of it's reaction to the wax used when polishing the car. The peanut oil is actually very good at removing said wax.

So before you start trying to colour your trim, you might want to see if it is just the wax from the car wash that has made it look grey.

Reply to
Networkguy

Simoniz do bootpolish for cars. Seriously, it's black toothpaste-consistency stuff and very good. Only for black plastic trim though.

Reply to
PM

toothpaste-consistency

I just cleaned my briefcase with one of those sponge on the top of a bottle type of shoepolish. Worked a treat, so I reckon it would work on car trim.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc