Beverly Hills Cop

unlikely, but not impossible to do thousands of pounds worth of damage.

also the vehicle is unlikely to even pull away.

if you still want to do it, then use filler foam, or the old potato would work well, but why not slacken the sump nut? easy to do, difficult to spot and the effect won't be immediate, or of course use a dart to prick the brakelines. All these will give hours of amusement if you read the Beano. Adults should have more sense and pick their friends better.

Personally I would injure anyone I knew had interfered with my car.

Possible consequences are big expense, personal injury, court cases, charges of causing death by interfering with a motor vehicle, and being the new girl on the block in prison.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hi all, I am planning to play a practical joke on a old friend in return for the evenings entertainment which he planned for my stag night that left me in an rather embarassing situation. I hope to plug up the rear exhaust of his beloved car with playdoh or similar and see him drive out of the office car park and stutter, similar to that of Beverly Hills Cop. I don't want to wreck the engine, there's no chance of that is there with this sort of prank?

Cheers The Joker

Reply to
Saint

Beverly Hills Cop was fantasy, meanwhile, in the real world...

Reply to
Silk

What if he sets off at a pace and it stalls right in front of the truck he knew he had time to get out in front of...

Better to find someone to clamp him or get two people to park touching his front/rear bumpers.

Reply to
Someone

This can blow the exhaust pipe, it used to be done with a potato. No idea if a modern ems-controlled engine gets a worse result, but the catalytic converter(s) might feasibly end up damaged in some way, anyone tried this and done something nasty?

Reply to
Questions

If you can borrow his keys, get in his car and open all his vents and set the blower on full. Then empty thousands of hole-punch turds into his intake. :-)

Reply to
PM

Pollen filter on anything vaguely modern will do for that...

Reply to
Doki

That one I like.

Although if you've got half an hour of uninterrupted time, and a 100 metre roll of cling film, you can parcel up the car. Use sticky silver bows for added effect.

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

We boxed a colleagues car in with pallets of paper and then sent the forky driver home

He had to man handle 2000 boxes of paper and then the manger made him put it back.

It was the last time he but laxitives in the bosses tea.

Reply to
John

how about zip tying a condom over the exhaust pipe, shouldn't do any damage, but might make a loud bang!

Reply to
Chris

PM wrote in rec.autos.misc

When my cousin got married, many years ago, I poured a bunch of the styrofoam packing things into the front seat and dash of their car. They complained that the things went down the defroster vents. Months later they would still puff up from when the defroster was on.

Reply to
Dick C

There's one guy at work that keeps catching people with this one but uses talc or french chalk. He tips it in the vents then wipes of the overspill. Another good one that's harmless is to use those packing bags of air (giant bubble wrap) or even plastic ziplock bags blown up. Try taping them to the wheel tread. You get a couple of loud bangs as they drive off.

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

naaa too weak, a good strong latex glove gets huge before it goes bang :O)

Reply to
Jon

Although that can be interesting if he opens the vents whilst on the motorway over taking a lorry at high speed (as happened to us on our honeymoon).

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

"John"

Not very exciting this one, but a colleague made up some fake plates (laser printer, laminator) for a mate's "pride and joy" Rover 220Gti - the plates read 6AY L0RD, and stuck them on his car one Friday night.

He got stopped in a random roadside check the next day, by a copper with sense-of-humour bypass - the funny thing was that when asked to point out anything wrong with his car, he walked around twice and still didn't spot them!

Backfired though: he snitched on the culprit, who then got a ticking-off phone call from said officer.

Reply to
DocDelete

I'm all for a laugh, but can you imagine the carnage if you got a face full of talc, in the eyes and breathed in, at the next hazardous junction? I suppose you could put it in the passenger vents only, but I still wouldn't want anyone to breath in a faceful of that stuff. Stays in the lungs y'see. Cough cough choke ;-)

Reply to
DocDelete

I would give the person who did that to me a good hiding.

Reply to
Scott Mills

You miss the point - Do you look at the heater and fan settings before you turn the key? It comes out before the engine even starts.

If talc is poisonous better tell Boots the chemist!

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

For gods sake a teaspoon full of talc isn't going to harm anyone.

Well I guess we must have a sense of humour! It's been done to about twenty people, including me and the boss, we all saw the funny side.

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

Paper turds is funny. Talk isn't!