Biodiesel

At risk of asking a question that might already have been discussed recently (I can't be arsed to check), do the savings with biodiesel actually outweigh the hassle (yes I know that you have to do a conversion and it won't work with a Lucas injector)? How do you get the stuff, for a start? Isn't there some rigmarole involved with paying duty on it? Etc.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

has all the answers you need. I'm not affiliated in anyway but I've ran PSA diesels on it with no conversion for a good few years..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Biodiesel can pretty much be used wherever diesel is. (some very few seals may swell.) Once it's converted properly, it's pretty much the same ohterwise.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Don't get confused Bio-diesel is available at the fuel pump mainly on the continent and some cars need to have seals replaced and most cars need a different fuel filter fitted. Bio-diesel is made from Vegtable oil where the Veg Oil goes through several processes see:

Using vegtable oil as a fuel is also possible but for most cars alot of modification is required and for some diesels it is not recommended at all (VW TDI springs to mind).

When using vegtable oil the oil needs to be heated to allow the oil to become more liquid (less Viscous) even when this has been done the oil is still more viscous than normal or bio-diesel and can cause extra wear on fuel pumps and injectors.

Reply to
Sadcrab