Bit OT: Whats the name of them thinys that....

Hi Guys sorry to be a PITA again.

Could anyone tell me the propper name (if indeed they have one) of the type of union commonly seen on exhausts -but are common on much metal pipework where you have two opposing pipes say outlet end of a manifold and the down pipe.

The two mating flanges are almost diamond/kite shaped but with rounded corners and a nut/stud/bolt going through each end to hold the two together.

Reason being I need to blank some bits off and could do with either buying or more likely fashioning something to blank them off, and I need to know what to ask for at the engineers place.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Bit of plate steel. They're called flanges so that won't help you.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor