brake disks, 02 Focus

Is there an MOT test for the brake disks or do they just test the actual braking performance ? My front disks appear rather worn, but the pads still have >10mm so was thinking I would wait until I can do the brake fluid, disks and pads all in one go.

Apparently the garage still does free re-tests withing 2 weeks anyway,although I thought they weren't able to do this any more, since MOT's got computerised. Wish me luck ;-)

Simon

Reply to
mr p

mr p gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Method of Inspection :-

3.5h. the condition and security of brake drums and discs Reason for Rejection :- 3.5h. a brake disc or drum insecure, cracked or excessively scored, pitted or worn

Bear in mind they're not allowed to dismantle anything.

There's a maximum they can charge - they're free to charge less if they wish.

Reply to
Adrian