focus tdci 02 brake pad wear

I have noticed that although the brakes still seem to work very well, the front pads on my Focus are worn in a 'tapered' fashion. I understand there are various reasons for this however I have never seen such an extreem effect as on the Focus. Is there a reason why the Focus is more prone to this type of wear ? I intend to replace the pads and discs soon, hopefully this should be a fairly straight forward job.

Simon

Reply to
mr p

I've run my Focus for eight years/90,000 miles; I've never had the pads wear other than evenly.

They are a piece of cake to change. Note that you need the 7mm Allen key tool, readily available from Halfrauds and proper car parts places.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan