Brake pads - are ebay ok for this?

I've always bought brakes pads for my oldie 93 micra from the dealer. As they're a major safety item. Many ebay sellers are advertising "new
OEM equiv "pads at a much lower price. Ok the real cheap stuff to be avoided - but is there somewhere (ebay - web anywhere) that I can get these pads and be reasonably sure they are ok? Dealer prices are sooo high.
dave wrote:

any car shop should should have branded pads which will be quite ok, ferodo, mintex, lockheed, etc, a name you can recognise. I am not a big fan of ebc, but they should be ok. pads are heavy so postage may be expensive.