car wash and rear wiper

Hi,

I just went through a car wash and they gave me a bag to put over the rear wiper. How does this protect it? If the brush is going to get caught on the wiper, surely it will also get caught on the bag? Why don't the front wipers needs protection?

Thanks,

Reply to
Stephen

In most cars these days the front wipers tuck away underneath the bonnet line to reduce wind resistance. The bag at the back will be to prevent single strands getting dragged into pinch points.

Reply to
newshound

I have not used auto car wash for oh.. 20 years. Last time I used this, it ripped off a roof mounted arial as the brushes bounced along the roof due to a faulty adjustment of the machine. In any case, I don'think the brushes are doing any good to the paintwork. You often see the mark of the brushes after a while.

Reply to
johannes

Yes you can still get cheap and reliable hand-washes from the East Europeans. For the moment.

Reply to
newshound

Car wash in the Philippines is something else. The car gets washed and cleaned inside out. Floor mats are removed and cleaned. Even the boot of the car is cleaned inside. Many new big SUV there, so the philippos are proud to show off...

Reply to
johannes

Bristle type washes went out with the ark. Most are soft foam now.

Mostly not Eastern Europeans these days. Lots from Iraq and similar places. Some are above board, some are not. I've had to remind my accounts that illegal immigrants on hand washes which rent forecourt space from them could be held liable by Immigration.

Reply to
Steve H

I've mainly used auto car washes for oh, since I can remember. ;-)

I always unscrew ant such aerials before using the wash.

I've never noticed anything other than the car looks cleaner when it's finished. But then I park and drive all my cars on the public highway so I'm generally quite happy if they stay in one piece. ;-)

Can't say I look much past 'is it clean(er)' and was it £1.99 well spent. ;-)

Oh, and I only generally use them when there is no queue ... and the Auto Washes aren't likely to steal any valuables from my car (a mate lost a digital camera).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I clean my car myself every morning, it's an established exact routine takes about 1 minute. Oh, maybe I should make it a buiss, earning £119.40 an hour :)

Reply to
johannes