Car written off and insurance co offering half value

& got back from the states yesterday. We got rides in many Explorers, they ride like shit, look like shit, handle like double shit, are made from shit & are thirstier than a gagged rape victim. Horrible horrible piles of plastic s**te.
Reply to
Nige

I owned a JGC & it was fine, however..

Reply to
Nige

Oh I get the fact that you're desperate.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thank you for your mindless opinion. If you'd care to stick your head in a bucket of shit and inhale then you'd double your IQ in a single breath.

Nigel, that's a bit of a girl's name isn't it? You can't cover up by calling yourself "Nige" because people then think you're a limp dick scared of admitting his own name. What happened, did your parents find Rodney to be far too masculine a name?

Reply to
Steve Firth

*shrugs*

Life is far too short to argue with you about this one - especially when you still can't see where you're wrong with the above.

Reply to
SteveH

Now I know you're insane. The GC is the vilest lump of crap every produced. I know because I own one, and it's supposed to be the best version that they produced. The steering wheel is not connected to the road wheels, the gearbox is absolute junk, the engine is asthmatic and the suspension was designed by drooling cretins. Not only are the spring and damper rates wrong but the geometry is up the spout as well. No car should shimmy on the road the way a JGC does.

The Explorer trounces the Jeep in every respect that matters. The engine is better, the gearbox is better and better matched to the engine. The Exploder can easily outdrag the Jeep. The suspension is way better sorted on the Explorer and the rack and pinion steering is infinitely superior. The Explorer also has vastly more load carrying and towing capacity. The Jeep is a toy by comparison and calling it "Grand" is hilarious when it's not much larger than the Freelander inside.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No doubt it's some crumb of comfort to you that if someone advertises a car for sale for £200 that one tends to believe them. However, as usual with you, you clutch to what you think is face saving for you, while ignoring just how bloody wrong you are, again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

the smoking could (usually) be stopped by replacing the valve seals, which was easily done with the head in situ.

Reply to
Mrcheerful