Cavalier 1.8 petrol cutting out

my OH's J reg 1.8 cavalier is cutting out randomly. We have changed the whole fuel system, stuck on two carbs (pierburg 2E), tried an electric pump but we are still having problems. After some changes it has run well for a couple of days but then starts up again. Once it has died it is mostly easy to get going again only usually takes a couple of mins to start if that. Does anyone have any suggestions please coz we are nearly at the end of our tether with it. Many thanks, Shell.

Reply to
shell34