Cavalier V6 noise

Hi,

Over the past week or so, my Cavalier V6 has been sounding somewhat noisy in the engine department. It's a kind of grumble that changes with the rpm of the engine. It appears to be coming from the cam belt cover, near the centre of the 'V'.

Any ideas what it could be? An idler or tensioner? The belt was changed about 5K miles ago...

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Gary Millar

A mechanic neighbour's going to have a look at it this morning....

Thinking about it, the last cam belt change was more expensive than the previous one because the vauxhall kit contained other parts (that I can't remember the details of). Possibly a tensioner and guides(?). I'll have to check the invoice when/if I get home...

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren