Cheap battery chargers

Tomorrow morning Aldi have some cheap battery chargers in. £13 a piece and it looks like they'll manage trickle charging etc. for cars that are laid up, which is nice, as usually these things are hilariously overpriced. Just don't get there before I manage to buy myself two :).

And no, I don't work for the pikey supermarket.

Reply to
Doki

If they're like the ones Lidl had for the same sort of price they're excellent - and cost about 40 quid from posh suppliers. Don't be put off by the low quoted maximum output - they still charge a battery as fast as some with a claimed double that output. Small enough to fit in the pocket too.

I've never quite been sure what is pikey about using a store which gives good value for money. But then I'm an Aberdonian. ;-) I dislike going to all supermarkets so Waitrose or Lidl are just the same to me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In point of fact Aldi shared the honours with Waitrose for supermarket food quality this year. And deservedly so.

Reply to
asahartz

Pah. I've started shopping at Waitrose recently as it works out cheaper than the Tesco Express at the bottom of my street, and whilst the meat and fish is good, the fruit and veg is nothing short of s**te. Asda has a far superior veg section, but their meat is a bit ropey IME. Everything else in a supermarket is a much of a muchness as it's all prepacked factory stuff.

Reply to
Doki