Citroen c3 spring broken

Hello,

My poor old c3 that I am always posting about has today broken the front o/s spring. I don't think there is any major damage, i.e. tyre not burst, so what sort of price am I likely to be charged to fix this?

This did happen before but under warranty and then both front springs failed. I was told by the breakdown man that there was a recall on c3s about this but citroen checked my serial number and said my car was not affected; my experience begs to differ ;(

TIA

Reply to
Fred

Springs are about £25, it's about 30minutes if it didn't hit anything else on the way, personally I'd change both.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The recall was to fit a cup under the spring so a broken spring could not puncture the tyre. When they did ours they did not replace the springs and presumably later cars came with this cup fitted.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

I was told they welded something to the spring to stop it falling. Either way, they said my car was not affected and even if it had been modified, the modification only stops the spring from falling through the tyre, it doesn't stop the spring from falling off. The average quote was £150 BTW. I think the spring itself is about £40.

Reply to
Fred