clutch pedal rubber cover

Hello,

I've noticed the rubber cover on my clutch pedal is torn. I have contacted the dealer and a new one costs £23!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that you can get "alternatives" from ebay for just a few pounds, which seems much more reasonable, but I do not want to jeopardise myself by having loose covers, or covers that my shoes slip off, etc.

Is it worth paying the Ford price or are copies just as good in your experience?

Thanks, Stephen.

PS 60 plate Mondeo Mk4

Reply to
Stephen

They are unlikely to be as good, but may well be adequate.

If the ebay one is a couple of quid, why not give it a try?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

£5.99 and claims to be genuine

Tom G

PAIR genuine covers £4.99

Tom G
[...]

'Genuine' on ebay is *not* the same as OEM!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It fits a genuine Ford?