Rear-ended.... no mot!

Bugger. Some chap rear ended my car, not lots of damage but as it not my fault i thought id claim off his insurance.

notified my insurance with all the details.

then, i discovered my cars mot is a week out of date:-(

what can i do/should i do?

get it moted asap and keep quiet? come clean with insurer and see what they say?

what's the worst that can happen?

thanks peeps for any advice,

steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

Find a friendly garage and say you was on your way there for a pre arranged MOT when you were rear ended.

Reply to
Tom G

Obviously get it moted asap, if you still can (damage dependent) Having no MoT does not mean the car was unroadworthy. If you have made a claim then the insurers will already know that the mot had run out. After all, you may have been quite legally driving to an MoT station at the time of the crash, your insurance is not made invalid by no MoT. Trying to lie about it is an absolute no-no.

Reply to
MrCheerful