CO testers

Are there any now available at a reasonable price which are accurate? The Gunson ones are crap, basically.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I found very good results from the Professional one, but it needs care to set up and even greater care in use. Great for your SDI and anything precat. However, I would not regard it as accurate enough for all the new stuff, which throws out really clean air with almost immeasurable CO. I do know someone that has just replaced his Exhaust gas machine and has the old one up for sale, it is an MoT quality Sun one (IIRC), if you want his number drop me a line, it is reasonably near to you.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

I would add to that - very crap.

tim...

Reply to
Tim..

All I can say is mine reads nothing remotely close to an MOT one - which I assume is accurate. And that's including observing the setting up instructions to the letter. IIRC, the problem is it doesn't actually measure the CO content.

Thanks. How big is it? It would need to be reasonably portable as I don't have a garage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think they measure CO2 and correlate that to CO. I found that you need a remote (non vehicle) power supply, to leave it warm up for at least fifteen minutes and handle extremely gently, as even the slightest bump will affect the accuracy.

The one my friend has is the standard, on a trolley type. about an eighteen inch cube of actual operating stuff, plus the hose, screen etc. I don't think you would get anything good in a significantly smaller package.

I think it is a DGA1800, there is one on ebay at present in east Sussex.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

With care, most MOT gas analysers have to be calibrated every 6 months and many will lock out the user if it is not done.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

I had the snap-on man remove the calibration requirement from my DGA 1800 before I sold it for £150, it will then work as a basic tester for ever. You can pick these up on eBay for less than £100 now and a friendly snappy man will type in the code for a drink.

Reply to
Fred

Reply to
Fred